How to Process
Documents to be submitted:
- Application form 004/DVP/DVPS (available free of charge in services centres, public services centres and Department of Public Roads and Drainage, or downloadable on IAM’s website). If the applicant is a legal person, it must be represented by a representative to act on its behalf and the original or notarised copy of documents to prove the above-mentioned fact must be submitted, e.g. Business Registration Certificate, authorisation letter or meeting minutes of the legal person, etc. If the applicant is an individual, the original of identification document should be produced for verification of signature at the time of application (Note: If it is inconvenient to produce the original, it is also acceptable to submit the notarised copy.);
- Project location plan (in duplicate);
- Proof of use of establishment or facility (e.g. copy of administrative license, copy of license for works issued by the Land and Urban Construction Bureau, copy of Business Registration Tax Demand Note or proof of change of purpose of use, etc.);
- At least two current photos (must be colour photos with dates) showing the project location and its nearby area;
- Drawings of installation of infrastructural facilities and project design (in duplicate);
- Work progress plan, stating arrangements for work period and order;
- Project plan, along with but not limited to work indication plan with site photos as the background to clearly show the cables and pipelines to be laid, the facility location and the nearby facilities which will be affected. In addition, it is necessary to provide the corresponding support plan based on the dredging depth;
- Copy of insurance policy for prevention of work accidents and occupational diseases (commonly known as labour insurance) of the unit responsible for implementation of project. The original is necessary to be produced for verification at the time of application;
- Depending on individual case of application, it may be necessary to submit a copy of work permit for carrying out works near fuel pipelines issued by the Land and Urban Construction Bureau or written comment of fuel operation entity.
Documents to be produced:
- The original of insurance policy for prevention of work accidents and occupational diseases (commonly known as labour insurance) of the unit responsible for implementation of project;
- The original of the identification document.
Note: If the notarised copy is submitted, there is no need to produce the original.
Locations and Time for Processing the Service
Locations for processing:
Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre - S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4.˚ andar, Macau
Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa
Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar, Coloane
Department of Public Roads and Drainage – Division of Public Roads: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.o 517, Edifício Comercial Nam Tung, 17.˚ andar, Macau
Office hours: Services Centres and Public Services Centres:
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Note: No lunch break; closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Department of Public Roads and Drainage – Division of Public Roads:
Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Note: Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Application fee: For every 5 metres or part thereof: MOP 350.00; for every 5 days or part thereof: MOP 300.00. Payment is to be made upon approval of application.
Note: In accordance with Fees, Charges and Prices List of IAM
Form fee: Not applicable
Stamp duty: 10% of application fee
Note: In accordance with the stipulation of Article 28 of General Stamp Duty Table of “Regulations on Stamp Duty” published in Supplement 2, Series I, Issue no. 44 of “Official Gazette of Macao Special Administrative Region” on 29 October 2001
Security deposit: Not applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: www.iam.gov.mo/c/pricetable/list
Time Required for Processing
Time for processing: 10 working days
Remarks / Important Notes on Application
- In accordance with the stipulations of Law no. 8/2005, personal information (e.g. faces, vehicle license plates) irrelevant to the application is required to be covered in site photos;
- Insurance is required to be in compliance with the stipulations of Decree-Law no. 40/95/M and the relevant administrative orders, with particular attention to be paid to the following:
- IAM accepts one insurance policy only. If the project involves several implementation units, the applicant is required to purchase an appropriate insurance in compliance with the above-mentioned decree-law;
- The policyholder has to be the project owner or the contractor / company implementing the project;
- Stating the nature of project (required to be consistent with the information mentioned in the application form);
- Stating the project location (required to be consistent with the information mentioned in the application form);
- Stating the commencement and end dates and time of the insurance policy (depending on the situation, the expiry date of the insurance policy may have to be supplemented);
- Stating the relevant applicable laws;
- The insurance policy cannot be a cover note.
- Depending on the case of application, a “declaration” giving reasons for application may have to be submitted;
- If the case of application requires consultation with other entities, the “time required” for processing will be relatively extended;
- IAM will base on the application information (estimated date to commence work and work period), expiry date of license for works issued by the Land and Urban Construction Bureau, expiry date of temporary traffic measures and the expiry date of the insurance policy to decide the valid period of the license for works;
- The applicant is required to consider thoughtfully the estimated date to commence work and the work period in the license for application, and complete the work within the valid period of the license. If the work cannot be completed within the valid period of the license, the license holder has to apply for renewal of license within the valid period to IAM;
- The applicant has to note that obtaining the approved license for works does not mean that the work can be commenced at once. It is required to notify IAM in advance as stated in the special instruction of the license so that IAM can make arrangements for the commencement of work;
- The applicant has to note that if the project will affect the traffic, it is necessary to apply for “temporary traffic measures” and relevant permission timely in advance to the Transport Bureau to avoid affecting the issuing of license.
Relevant Standards or Requirements
Progress Enquiry and Obtaining Result of Service