How to process
- Supporting document(s) to prove the relationship between the applicant and the deceased person;
- Application form for joint burial of tomb, bone box and ash box (010/DHA/DHAL);
- A clear photocopy of the identification document of the applicant;
- A photocopy of the identification document of the deceased or death certificate.
Documents for optional submission (Mandatory, if applicable):
- If the bone remains or ashes are from a public cemetery, a clear photocopy of the supporting document concerned is required to be submitted;
- If the bone remains or ashes are not from a public cemetery, a clear photocopy of the identification document of the deceased and the supporting document of source are required to be submitted, and the license for moving remains to the cemetery is to be applied for.
Documents to be presented: The original of the identification document of the applicant is to be produced.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
- Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre – Toi San Station: Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, n.º 127, Edifício D.ª Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bloco B, R/C, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre – Fai Chi Kei Station: Rua Nova do Patane, Habitação Social de Fai Chi Kei, Edifício Fai Tat,Bloco II, R/C, Lojas G e H, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre – S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4.˚ andar, Macau
- Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa
- Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar, Coloane
- Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery: Our Lady Mercy Cemetery, Avenida Coronel Mesquita, Macau
Integrated Services Centre and Public Services Centres
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery
Mondays to Thursdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm 2:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Fridays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
- Putting bone remains or ashes together in a bone box or ash box (each application): MOP300.00
- For remains (bone remains or ashes) not from a public cemetery – License for moving remains, bone remains or ashes to a cemetery: MOP100.00
Form fee: Not Applicable
Stamp Duty: 10% of the application fee
Deposit: Not Applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: https://www.iam.gov.mo/c/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
Processing time: 3 working days
Remarks/ points to note for application
- Re-application for other bone boxes or ash boxes for the deceased family members or relatives who are buried jointly in a bone box or ash box is not allowed.
- In accordance with the stipulation of Clause 1 of Article 21-B of Administrative Regulation no. 37/2003 “Regulations on Management, Operation and Supervision of Cemeteries” amended by Administrative Regulation no. 22/2019, if the period of use has expired and no renewal application is made to the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM), the right of use will be declared invalid. IAM can cremate the remains of the deceased concerned and handle the ashes appropriately (applicable to applications for bone boxes and ash boxes from 1 August 2019).
Relevant standards or requirements
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service