How to process
Documents to be submitted:
- Declaration – Relationship with the deceased (011/DHA/DHAL );
- A clear photocopy of identification document of the applicant;
- Declaration of the right of use of ash box/bone box.
Additional documents to be submitted (required when conditions are met):
- If the deceased is not a Macao resident, supporting document which proves the relationship between the applicant and the deceased or certificate of the death of the deceased in Macao is required to be submitted;
- If the bone remains are from a public cemetery, a photocopy of the receipt of remains exhumation is required to be submitted;
- If the bone remains are not from a public cemetery, a clear photocopy of the identification document of the deceased and supporting document of the source of the bone remains are required to be submitted. The applicant is also required to apply for the License for moving remains, bone remains or ashes to a cemetery.
Documents to be produced: The original identification document of the applicant is required to be produced.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
Locations for processing:
Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre – Toi San Station: Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, n.º 127, Edifício D.ª Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bloco B, R/C, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre – S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4.˚ andar, Macau
Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa
Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar, Coloane
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery: Our Lady Mercy Cemetery, Avenida Coronel Mesquita, Macau
Integrated Services Centre and Public Services Centres
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery
Mondays to Thursdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm 2:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Fridays 9:00 pm - 1:00 pm 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
- Granting first-time right of use for 50 years – Class A: MOP 6,000.00
Granting first-time right of use for 50 years – Class B: MOP 3,600.00
2. If the remains are not from public cemeteries – License for moving remains to a cemetery: MOP100.00
Form fee: Not Applicable
Stamp Duty: 10% of the application fee
Security deposit: Not Applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: https://www.iam.gov.mo/p/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
Time for processing: 3 working days
Remarks/ points to note for application
- If the remains of the deceased are not placed in the bone box within 180 days counting from the day of approval of the right of use of the bone box, the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM) can withdraw the right of use except for statutory exceptional cases.
- The period of first-time right of use of bone box is 50 years. After the period, the right of use can be renewed for an unlimited number of times, for a period of 5 years each time. Application for renewal should be made to IAM within 6 months before the expiry day.
- In accordance with the stipulation of Clause 1 of Article 21-B of Administrative Regulation no. 37/2003 “Regulations on Management, Operation and Supervision of Cemeteries” amended by Administrative Regulation no. 22/2019, if the period of use has expired and no renewal application is made to IAM, the right of use will be declared invalid. IAM can cremate the remains of the deceased concerned and give appropriate treatment of the ashes.
- If the remains of the deceased have been completely removed from the bone box, IAM will withdraw the right of use.
- Bone boxes are only for exhumed remains.
- Only designated flower holders can be installed on bone boxes. Installation of other additional objects is prohibited.
Burning joss paper in the building of bone remains and ashes located in Estrada da Ponta da Cabrita in Taipa Sa Kong Municipal Cemetery is prohibited. People who pay respect to the deceased can only burn joss paper in the furnaces designated by IAM.
Relevant standards or requirements
For applications for the right of use of bone boxes, the deceased must meet any one of the following conditions:
- The deceased is a Macao resident;
- The deceased is not a Macao resident but he/she passed away in Macao;
- The deceased is not a Macao resident, but the applicant is a Macao resident and is the spouse or a blood relative of the first degree of kinship of the deceased.
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service
Enquiry about application progress: https://account.gov.mo/pt/login/
Method for obtaining the result of service: Visiting in person to obtain the result
Anyone who commits the administrative infractions stipulated in Clause 1 of Article 23 of Administrative Regulation no. 37/2003 “Regulamento de administração, funcionamento e fiscalização dos cemitérios” (Regulations on management, operation and supervision of cemeteries) amended by Administrative Regulation no. 22/2019 is liable to a fine of MOP1,000.00 to MOP5,000.00, without prejudice to criminal liabilities if any.