How to process
1. Declaration – Relationship with the deceased (011/DHA/DHAL) ;
2. A clear photocopy of identification document of the applicantt;
3.A clear photocopy of identification document of the deceased;
4. Declaration of right of use of the tomb.
Additional documents to be submitted (those that must be submitted when applicable):
1. If the deceased is not a Macao resident, supporting document which proves the relationship between the applicant and the deceased or the certificate which shows the deceased passed away in Macao is required to be submitted;
2. If the burial service is provided by a funeral company, the Declaration of works in cemetery(012/DHA/DHAL)must be completed and a clear photocopy of the identification document of the person in charge of the funeral company is required to be submitted;
3. A brief report of death issued by Conservatoria do Registo Civil (Civil Registry Office);
4.f the deceased passes away outside the Macao Special Administrative Region and the interval between the time of death and the time of entry is less than 60 hours, the applicant is required to submit the written record of the relocation of the remains issued by Public Security Police Force (CPSP) (Departamento de Informações / Comissariado de Assuntos Gerais / Secção de Fiscalização e Registo). If the interval between the time of death and the time of entry is more than 60 hours, the applicant is required to submit the Livre-trânsito mortuário (Mortal remains transit certificate);
5.If the applicant is underprivileged and cannot afford the burial fee, relevant certificate should be submitted.
Documents to be presented: The original of the identification document of the applicant is to be produced.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
Integrated Services Centre：Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2.º andar, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre：Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre - Toi San Station：Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, n.º 127, Edifício D.ª Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bloco B, R/C, Macau
Northern District Public Services Centre - Fai Chi Kei Station：Rua Nova do Patane, Habitação Social de Fai Chi Kei, Edifício Fai Tat,Bloco II, R/C, Lojas G e H, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre：Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
Central District Public Services Centre - S. Lourenço Station：Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço,4˚ andar, Macau
Islands District Public Services Centre：Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa
Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station：Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van,6.˚ andar, Coloane
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery：Our Lady Mercy Cemetery, Avenida Coronel Mesquita, Macau
Integrated Services Centre and Public Services Centres
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Service Office in Our Lady Mercy Cemetery
Mondays to Thursdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm 2:30 pm - 5:45 pm
Fridays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
- License for burial: MOP 100.00
- Ordinary tomb (Right of use for 7 years): MOP 1,500.00
- Tomb for stillbirth: Exempted
- Burial service, restricted to use of ordinary tombs only (each time): MOP 1,500.00
Form fee: Not Applicable
Stamp Duty: Except the provision of burial service which is exempted from stamp duty, the stamp duty is 10% of all other application fees.
Deposit: Not Applicable
Fees, Charges and Prices List: https://www.iam.gov.mo/p/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
Processing time: 3 working days
Remarks/ points to note for application
1.The period of right of use of an ordinary tomb is 7 years. Within 3 months before the 7-year period of right of use of the tomb expires, an application for exhumation is required to be made to the Municipal Affairs Bureau (IAM) by the person concerned, with a date to be selected within 6 months after the expiry date for the exhumation to be carried out, or the statement of reason for the application for postponement of exhumation can be submitted to IAM for postponement of exhumation for a maximum of 1 year. (For example, if the deceased, A, was buried on 1 January 2020, the 7-year period of right of use of the tomb expires on 31 December 2026. The application for exhumation is required to be made to IAM between 1 October and 31 December 2026, with a date to be selected between 1 January and 30 June 2027 for the exhumation to be carried out. If an application for postponement of exhumation is necessary, the person concerned is required to make an application to IAM between 1 October and 31 December 2026.);
2. In accordance with the stipulation of Clause 2 of Article 13 of Administrative Regulation no. 37/2003 “Regulations on Management, Operation and Supervision of Cemeteries” amended by Administrative Regulation no. 22/2019, the obligation to exhume the remains is required to be fulfilled in the period stated in Article 17 of the same Administrative Regulation. Otherwise, it is deemed abandonment of the relevant remains. In this case, IAM may, in accordance with its duty and power, exhume, cremate and handle the remains appropriately without further notice. IAM has the right to charge the person concerned for the payable fees and charges, and recover any extra expenses.
3. If the person concerned does not fulfill the obligation to exhume the remains during the mentioned period and does not apply for postponement of exhumation, he/she is required to pay double the fee to IAM for extension of the right of use of the tomb for one year before carrying out the exhumation.
Relevant standards or requirements
- For applications for the right of use of tombs, the deceased must meet any one of the following conditions:
- The deceased is a Macao resident;
- The deceased is not a Macao resident but he/she passed away in Macao;
- The deceased is not a Macao resident, but the applicant is a Macao resident and is the spouse or a blood relative of the first degree of kinship of the deceased.
- The tomb should be clearly marked with the tomb area, tomb number and other necessary identification information.
- The tomb for burying remains should be at least 130 cm deep, with the exception of burying the remains of a stillbirth or a child under the age of 7. Under such exceptional circumstances, the tomb for burying the remains should be at least 100 cm deep.
- The holder of the tomb is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the facilities.
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service
Method to obtain the result of service: Visit in person to obtain the result.
Anyone’s acts which constitute administrative offences as stipulated in Clause 1 of Article 23 of Administrative Regulation no. 37/2003 “Regulamento de administração, funcionamento e fiscalização dos cemitérios” (Regulations on Management, Operation and Supervision of Cemeteries) amended by Administrative Regulation no. 22/2019 are punishable by a fine of MOP1, 000.00 to MOP5, 000.00, without prejudice to any criminal liability.