How to process
People who intend to change the facilities in their hair salons and barbershops should apply for change of facilities in establishment.
Processing procedure and required documents:
1. Application form (Format 009/DLA/DHAL, the form can be obtained from IAM);
2. Blueprint of the renovation project, inclusive of the floor plan, elevation plan and drawings of the fire safety design;
3. Design and Construction Memorandum;
4. If the applicant is a natural person: A legible photocopy of identity document; If the applicant is a legal person, a photocopy of valid Business Registration Certificate (companies registered at the Commerce and Movable Property Registry of Macao are exempted from submission) or a photocopy of valid Certificate of Association and Foundation issued by the Identification Services Bureau is required to be submitted. The relevant application form is required to be signed by its legal representative and submitted with a photocopy of the identification document of the signatory of the application form.
Locations and office hours for processing the service
Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza , 2.o andar, Macau;
Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.o 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau;
Northern District Public Services Centre - Toi San Station: Avenida de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, n.o 127, Edifício D.ª Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bloco B, R/C, Macau;
Northern District Public Services Centre - Fai Chi Kei Station: Rua Nova do Patane, Habitação Social de Fai Chi Kei, Edifício Fai Tat, Bloco II, R/C, Lojas G e H, Macau;
Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.o andar, Macau;
Central District Public Services Centre - S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4.o andar, Macau;
Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.˚ andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa;
Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Seac Pai Van Community Complex, 6.o andar, Coloane.
Office hours: ;
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Time required for processing
The required time for processing depends on the content of change of the facilities.
Remarks / important notes on application
1. The original or notarised copy of identification document with the signature of the applicant or legal representative must be produced;
2. The applicant must make the application in person or authorise an agent to make the application.
3. The above-mentioned documents must be signed by the applicant or legal representative, with the exception of documents issued by government departments or public entities.
Relevant standards or requirements
Requirements for choosing the location:
The location must meet the stipulations in Law no. 6/99/M “Regulations Governing the Use of Urban Properties”, for example, whether the location is for commercial or office purposes.
Technical requirements for the establishment:
Items to be observed:
1. The main entrance must be at least 0.9 metre wide;
2. Emergency safety lighting and exit signs that are in continuous operation should be installed in evacuation exits and routes. The signs must be clear, easy to understand, and located appropriately without being misleading;
3. Two dry chemical powder fire extinguishers weighing 4.5 kg or other fire extinguishers of equivalent function should be provided on each floor or in the establishment, which should be within their valid period;
4. Use and installations of electricity should not lead to fire or the spread of fire;
5. Keep all evacuation exits and routes clear and unobstructed;
6. Business operations other than those approved are prohibited within the establishment;
7. The establishment should be equipped with sanitation facility, in which all equipment should be kept clean and in good operation condition. If the establishment is located in a commercial building or a commercial centre, dedicated sanitation facilities may not be required, but sanitation facilities must be available on the same floor of the establishment for the customers and staff’s use.
Items to be observed depending on the situation of the establishment:
1. The establishment should use certified and effective fire resistant products (F.R.P.) to protect untreated wooden partitions (partition walls, decorative objects and false ceilings, etc.), and the certificate should be submitted;
2. Storage of liquefied petroleum gas should not exceed four full or empty gas cylinders with a total volume of not more than 120 cubic decimetres. Gas cylinders should be stored in a well-ventilated place away from burners;
3. Remove a front street-facing fixed window grille or at least install a movable one, so that it can be easily and promptly used for escape (or rescue) in case of fire;
4. If the establishment is equipped with fire service equipment, the sprinkler heads of the fixed automatic sprinkler fire extinguishing system should function properly without being obstructed by false ceilings. A certificate of inspection and maintenance of the fire service system (fixed automatic sprinkler fire extinguishing system and hose reels) by a professional and qualified entity and a valid maintenance certificate to prove that the system functions properly should be submitted;
5. Any staircase leading to an attic should be built of non-combustible materials and should be at least one metre wide;
6. Any items that may cause serious fire or danger and any containers filled with flammable liquid or gaseous fuel must not be placed in the storeroom.
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service
Enquiry about application progress:
“Online progress enquiry is not available for this formality.”
Method to obtain the result of service:
Visit in person to obtain the result