How to process
Deadline for processing: Not applicable
Processing procedure and required documents:
- The original Application Form for Retail License / Import Registration of Meat;
- If the applicant is an individual, a clear photocopy of the identification document of the signatory (with both sides of the identification document photocopied on the same page of an A4 sized paper) is required; if the applicant is a legal person, a photocopy of the valid Business Registration Certificate (exemption for companies registered at the Commerce and Movable Property Registry of Macao), or a photocopy of the valid Certificate of Association issued by the Identification Services Bureau is required. The application form is required to be signed by the legitimate representative and submitted with a photocopy of the identification document of the signatory;
- The original written report of property registration (exemption for establishments registered at the Real Estate Registry of Macao) or certificate of the usage of the establishment issued by the Land and Urban Construction Bureau;
- A photocopy of M/1 form – Business Registration Tax – Declaration of Initiation of Activities / Alterations registered at the Financial Services Bureau;
- A photocopy of the original construction plan of the establishment;
- The original location plan of the facilities and equipment of the establishment in the scale of 1:100 with explanatory notes;
- A photocopy of the final approved construction plan issued by the Land and Urban Construction Bureau is required. If renovation or alteration works are intended to be carried out in the establishment, application is required to be made in accordance with the guidelines of the Land and Urban Construction Bureau, and a photocopy of the letter with comments on feasibility issued by the Bureau is required to be submitted;
- If the establishment occupies a total area of over 400 square metres or its refrigeration room has a capacity of over 140 cubic metres, a photocopy of the fire service installation plan approved by the Fire Services Bureau and a photocopy of the letter with comments on feasibility are required to be submitted;
- The original Operation Proposal and Information Registration Form for Retail/Import Establishments;
- Supporting documents of garbage disposal of the establishment.
Locations for processing the procedure and office hours
- Integrated Services Centre: Avenida da Praia Grande, n.os 762-804, Edifício China Plaza, 2º andar, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre: Rua Nova da Areia Preta, n.º 52, Centro de Serviços da RAEM, Macau
- Northern District Public Services Centre - Toi San Station: Av. de Artur Tamagnini Barbosa, no.127, Edf. D. Julieta Nobre de Carvalho, Bl. B,R/C, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre: Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, n.os 5 e 7, Complexo da Rotunda de Carlos da Maia, 3.˚ andar, Macau
- Central District Public Services Centre - S. Lourenço Station: Rua de João Lecaros, Complexo Municipal do Mercado de S. Lourenço, 4˚ andar, Macau
- Islands District Public Services Centre: Rua de Coimbra, n.º 225, 3.º andar, Centro de Serviços da RAEM das Ilhas, Taipa
- Islands District Public Services Centre – Seac Pai Van Station: Avenida de Vale das Borboletas, Complexo Comunitário de Seac Pai Van, 6.˚ andar, Coloane
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (no lunch break, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- Document and Archive Centre: Avenida de Almeida Ribeiro, n.° 163, r/c, Macau
Office hours: Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.; 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
(Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
- Application fee is exempted;
- Upon approval of application, the applicant is required to pay the annual license fee of MOP1,100.00
- MOP110.00 (10% of annual license fee)
Please refer to the Fees, Charges and Prices List: http://www.iam.gov.mo/p/pricetable/list
Time required for processing
60 working days after submission of all required documents
Remarks/ points to note for application
- After submission of all required documents, the establishment is subject to inspection conducted by relevant unit of IAM.
- All issued retail licenses are non-transferable;
- The procedure can only be processed upon receipt of all required documents;
- The license is valid till the end of the year in which it is issued;
- In accordance with the regulations governing the general use of properties stipulated in current “Regulations Governing the Use of Urban Properties”, the retail business is classified as commercial activities and so the applicant is required to ensure that the establishment meets the requirements of relevant laws and regulations;
- The applications must comply with the guidelines and requirements for application for license. The applicants can refer to the IAM website for details (http://www.iam.gov.mo/).
- In accordance with the stipulations of the current “Fees, Charges and Prices List of Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau”, the fee payable for the annual license is calculated proportionally according to the number of full months from the month of issue to the end of the calendar year;
- Each application form is limited to application for one service item only;
- Each application item requires submission of a completed Operation Proposal and Information Registration Form for Retail/Import Establishments;
- For applicants who are non-Macao residents, pursuant to the current “Regulation on Prohibition of Illegal Employment”, personal and direct engagement of non-Macao residents in activities for personal interests is subject to prior administrative approval for this purpose;
- For applications made in the name of a legal person, if the shareholders or members of the administration and management body of a company are non-Macao residents who are responsible for the management of company and/or performing the business duties on behalf of the company, they should obtain relevant working permits;
- In case of necessity, the originals of the supporting documents are required to be submitted at the request of the administrative organisation;
- IAM is required to be notified of any update to the business registration.
Relevant standards or requirements
Requirements for choosing the location: The location must meet the stipulations in Law no. 6/99/M “Regulations Governing the Use of Urban Properties”, for example, whether the location is for commercial or office uses.
Progress enquiry and obtaining result of service
Enquiry about application progress: https://account.gov.mo/pt/login/?
Method for obtaining the result of service: Visiting in person to obtain the result